Snake River Swimming Athletes Page
We will be posting items from the Athlete Representatives and from various coaches.
The Snake River Athlete Newsletter November
Snake River Swimming Athlete Representitives
Email Address: email@example.com
2014-2015 Scholastic All-American
2014-2015 Criteria and Application Process
2014-2015 Final Standings: Women Men
Picking A College!
As a general rule every prospective college student should go thru the following steps.
1. Do I want to swim in college?
2. Do I want to go to a school where I am a number or a school where every teacher knows me? (Big school or small or in the middle)
3. Do I like snow, sand, heat, cold, mountains? (In what part of the world do I want to spend the next four to six years of my life?"
4. What do I want to be when I graduate? (If you don't know for sure, pick a school that does a good job teaching your passion)
5. Do I want to be the star of the team, just one of the gang, a bench sitter? (I know a guy who was on the team at the University of Texas. He did not swim in a meet until his Senior year because he was to slow. But he did all the team stuff and attended all of the practices. He is proud to say that he was a Longhorn Swimmer.)
Now you know the area of the country, the size of the school, the area of study, and how good the team should be. Hit Google and run amok!
Eligibility Resource - what classes should you be taking in High School so you will be eligible as a college freshman.
Questions to ask of College Coaches and others at the college you are looking at.